Pages

7.09.2010

Vintage MacGregor Find


Ask anyone who has known me for years, I have a massive vintage collection and/or obsession! When I was in seventh grade I would raid my grandmother's time capsule of an attic and rock all the gear I could find. Let me tell you, for the most part, this did not go over too well - when you are from a small town and it is the mid-1990's. Regardless, I wore my bellbottoms and polyester shirts with pride and to this day, I'm so glad that I did. 


Fast forward 15 years and I'm still in love with vintage! I'm guessing that it is just one of those trends that will never die. At least in my book. These days, I often I make my way to flea markets, yard sales and antique shops (instead of my grandmother's attic) with an eye for a "find." When searching through great heaps of "junk" I have to be somewhat patient (and picky), but the pay off can be huge - like this rare vintage 1960-70's Leather MacGregor Gym Bag. 




I
sn't she lovely? This bag reminds me of the days of Steve McQueen or even, James Dean. Albeit not in perfect condition, (A little rust here and there!) I just love, love, love this bag - with its black leather, gold lining, oversized zippers and its throwback kangaroo logo. At $45, it was more than I would normally pay for a vintage bag, but it was definitely as steal, as these bags go for anywhere around $150 and up. If you want your own, you can purchase your own here, on eBay or try to hunt one down at your local yard sale. Best of luck!



0 comments: