Pages

5.18.2010

Weekend Round-Up

Last weekend was a fairly productive weekend with respect to several home projects. In addition to painting our back deck and potting our urban herb garden, my fiance and I took on a few more Martha recipes. Here is what we tried:




Ricotta w/ Lemon, Basil & Honey Bruschetta
Rating: 8
Comment: Very refreshing bruschetta. Would be great served as miniature appetizers for a summer party.


Prosciutto, Mellon & Balsamic Bruschetta
Rating: 1
Comment: I don't eat meat, so I have to take my very picky fiance's word on this one!




Shaved Asparagus Salad
Rating: 6
Comment: I've never tried raw asparagus before and surprisingly, it wasn't bad. Good recipe if you want to change your asparagus repertoire. 


Gravalax w/ Sweet Mustard Sauce
Rating: 6
Comment: This salmon curing recipe was simple to prepare and enjoyable to try. However, I was slightly skeptical that the salmon was cured enough and I was just eating raw fish. 


Colorful Cows
Rating: 8
Tweaks: Used raspberries to make syrup base.
Comment: Classically good!

0 comments: